Wednesday, June 11, 2014

When I Fall in Love

When I Fall in Love by Miranda Dickinson
Published November 8, 2012

About the Book:

Elsie Maynard never expected to be starting again... 

...but eighteen months on from the biggest challenge of her life, she is doing just that –because she made a promise to the person who believed in her the most. 

Determined to step into her uncertain future, Elsie meets handsome Oliver Hogarth, who seems intent on winning her heart; she inadvertently founds a choir, and overcomes obstacles – most of which involve arrogant Torin Stewart. 

Then a heartfelt request brings her to Paris – and the final item on ‘The List’ that she never dared complete. 

Can Elsie follow her heart and put her past to rest?

My Thoughts:

I loved this book, but the ending made me a little crazy.  It ends far too soon and was completely rushed!  While I got the ending I was hoping for, I wish there had been more to it, which will make sense if you read it.  I gave the book 4 stars on Goodreads (thinking 4 to 4.5 stars in my mind), and it's because of the ending.  Otherwise, a solid 5 stars from me.  This was my first book of Miranda Dickinson's to read, and I really look forward to reading more of hers.  I always love finding new to me authors, and I almost always find that if they are British, I will adore their books.  She is no exception to that rule.  The book reminded me a lot of P.S. I Love You as I was reading it, which is a book and movie I love.  This was a great story with great characters.    And look at the lovely cover art...love it!  In person, it has some sparkle to it as well.  Warning...the book will give you a major hankering for some ice cream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment