Thursday, July 10, 2014

Something Like Fate

Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti
Published May 4, 2010

About the Book:

Lani and Erin are bonded for life. One thing that connects them is their fascination of fate. Lani wonders how much of our lives has already been decided and how much we can actually influence. Since the Unknown can unexpectedly change our lives forever, how much can we really control?

From the minute Lani meets Jason, she can't deny the intense connection they share. It feels like she's known him forever. She's not sure if he feels it, too. But it doesn't matter. Because Jason is Erin's boyfriend. Lani is determined to ignore her feelings for Jason, no matter how powerful they are, rather than risk hurting her best friend.

How long can Lani keep running from the boy who might be her destiny?

My Thoughts:

This was total fluff, but it was a cute book all in all.  The cover tips you off pretty quickly to what the story will be about, so there's no surprise that drama awaits you.  There is not much substance to it, and it's definitely just a quick, fun read.  That being said, sometimes that is all you are looking for.  I was looking for a quick, fun YA read for today.  This book totally fit the bill.  Colasanti has several books out, and this was my first of hers to read.  I liked this one enough that I would definitely check out others by her.  

Something funny...I had this sitting on the arm of the couch earlier today before I was going to start reading it.  One of my 14 year old girls walked by and stopped when she saw the cover.  She said, "oooooooh," indicating she recognized trouble/drama when she saw the cover.  I laughed so hard at her.  I later was telling hubby and my other 14 year old girl (they are twins) about it, and they wanted to see the cover to see what I was talking about.  The same "oooooooh" was both of their reactions.  I just thought that was really funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment